Car Seat Selection
Because you use your car seat everyday, make sure you find a child restraint that fits your lifestyle.
Convenience Factors recommended by the National Child Passenger Safety Certification Program (NHTSA):
- Number and position of harness strap slots: Is there "room to grow?"
- Automatic or one-step harness adjustment mechanisms: Is it easy to tighten and loosen the harness straps?
- If you are pregnant or have an infant, you have two options. The first is an infant-only child restraint, and the second is a rear-facing convertible or 3-in-1 child restraint:
- It may be more economical for a family to purchase a convertible child restraint, which can be converted from rear-facing to forward-facing.
- Detachable base options on infant-only seats may be more convenient for families. Extra bases can be purchased for every person transporting the infant.
Evenflo has several child restraints that are top rated for ease of use, check out the following: