Evenflo Supports the Updated Car Seat Recommendations by the American Academy of Pediatrics
Evenflo Company, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of infant and juvenile products, has a longstanding mission to be a trusted partner to parents by providing quality products for children and those who care for them. As part of our mission, we fully support the updated car seat recommendations released by the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on March 21, 2011. These new best practices in child restraint systems include:
- Rear-facing car seats for infants up to 2 years of age or until the child outgrows the seat's height or weight limit.
- Forward-facing car seats for toddlers until they reach (i) the maturity to use a belt-positioning booster seat properly or (ii) the top height or weight limit of the seat.
- Belt-positioning booster seats until the child reaches four-feet nine-inches tall
- Lap-and-shoulder seat belts for all who have outgrown booster seats
- All children younger than 13 years to ride in the rear seats of vehicles
- Evenflo remains a committed supporter of child safety and has a wide range of car seat options that meet, if not exceed, the new AAP guidelines.
Headquartered in Miamisburg, Ohio, Evenflo Company, Inc. is a privately held leading manufacturer and marketer of infant and juvenile products. Evenflo was founded in 1920 and is a top supplier of infant and juvenile products to key retailers such as Toys "R" Us, Babies "R" Us, Wal-Mart, Target, and K-Mart. The company's product offering spans a broad range of essential infant and juvenile product categories, including car seats, travel systems, infant and toddler feeding, carriers, stationary activity centers and home safety products. Evenflo's premier brand name has 97 percent awareness with new mothers, and the company enjoys #1 or #2 market share positions in 10 important product categories. For more information on Evenflo, visit www.evenflo.com.