I remember when I got pregnant I constantly heard, "This is going to change your life forever." Little did I know that I would never understand this phrase until I had my children. There are so many things that I wish I had known (or at least understood) before having children.
- Babies eat nonstop. Babies eat every 2-3 hours.
- No matter how much I clean, my house will never be clean enough or even remain clean for a minute. Having kids means owning more stuff. Having kids means somehow food will find its way into the oddest places.
- Taking a shower takes on a whole new meaning. I have learned to wash my hair, body and shave in 5 minutes time it seems like.
- It's amazing how much parents can function on such little sleep. Being a parent means never sleeping the same way again. Becoming a light sleeper is almost imperative as children are always on the mind.
- The day may have been long and hard making you wish it were over, but once it's over, you can't wait to spend time with your children again.
- Wearing bodily fluid all day (that isn't your own) becomes a norm.
- Most importantly though, something I would have never been able to know is how much love I truly have for all of my children. There is definitely no greater love and bond between a parent and a child.
By Guest Blogger from Mommies with Cents