Car Seat Selection: Ease of Use
Because you use your car seat everyday, make sure you find a child restraint that fits your lifestyle.
Convenience Factors recommended by the National Child Passenger Safety Certification Program (NHTSA):
- Number and position of harness strap slots: Is there "room to grow?"
- Automatic or one-step harness adjustment mechanisms: Is it easy to tighten and loosen the harness straps?
- If you are pregnant or have an infant, you have two options. The first is an infant-only child restraint, and the second is a rear-facing convertible or 3-in-1 child restraint:
- It may be more economical for a family to purchase a convertible child restraint, which can be converted from rear-facing to forward-facing.
- Detachable base options on infant-only seats may be more convenient for families. Extra bases can be purchased for every person transporting the infant.
- Evenflo has several travel systems that allow the infant-only seat to attach to the stroller.
Evenflo has several child restraints that are top rated for ease of use:
Car Seat Selection: Proper Fit for your Child and Vehicle